cromctf.com

CROM - Quake3 Community
It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:57 pm 

Any update on Kal's plans to expand the ref functionality? Things are...not good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:53 am 

:/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the explanation Unum.

It is on the TODO list but it still won't fix the issue of banning cheaters permanently. Currently, the GUID is based off the players IP address. There is no way to maintain a static GUID for a player without punkbuster(unless someone knows of a way that I don't) and pb isn't an option.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:18 pm 

if u try with MAC address ,any pc from this world have a diff mac address ,doesn't matter if you format ur system or change your ip address ,mac address never change.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:11 pm 

Kal wrote:

It is on the TODO list but it still won't fix the issue of banning cheaters permanently. Currently, the GUID is based off the players IP address. There is no way to maintain a static GUID for a player without punkbuster(unless someone knows of a way that I don't) and pb isn't an option.

I can only speak on behalf of the FFA server, and it is in a very dismal state. And it has been like that for over a year. Many players have left or barely play anymore, and I have no desire to play at CROM anymore due to the constant cheating, server abuse, and other toxic behavior. Others have moved on to Quake Champions or to Quake Live. Even as a write this, Dreg.RU is cheating on the server, ruining the game for everyone else and killing the server. There is at least one individual cheating every day there, and usually there are multiple doing so, sometimes for hours on end.

I'm glad you decided to finally come back and communicate with us, however the damage has been done in your absence. The only way to solve the problem is with active moderation of the server with multiple people who you feel or the community feels can be trusted. We had a good system before and the server was enjoyable to play on and was being watched carefully. I'm not saying it was perfect, nor am I perfect, and some did not deserve to have ref access in the end because they abused it, but a few of us spent a lot of time keeping the server clean of blatant cheaters. There were at least 100 instances when I myself banned a blatant aimbotter on the FFA server and I did not once abuse the ref password. I only mistakenly banned someone once and after soon realizing it I rectified it immediately by contacting Unum to let him know, and he got their IP and unbanned the player. I learned from that one instance where I made the wrong call. I'm not the first CROM admin/ref to make a mistake. Even I was once banned from CROM temporarily for suspected aimbotting most probably, and I was only unbanned after an email discussion.

I don't think I should have had my ref admin revoked, because I worked hard to stop cheaters from ruining the server whenever I could. But I respect the decision by Kal to do what he did because it all happened behind his back without his approval. But, I know the FFA community and with so few players left, I should be one of the few to have the ability to kick/ban blatant cheaters again, nor will I kick/ban innocent players. It's fine if you reject me, but please give the ref password immediately to multiple people who are actually active and play at the server and have it be people who can be contacted if possible, such as on discord. If you want suggestions, I can definitely think of some people who are worthy enough to deserve a shot.

Last edited by poros1ty on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:10 pm 

yap. im agreed with that. would be great to bring back refs cuz its boring to see every hacks in server.
in my opinion. would be great to get refs back again

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:39 am 

@poros1ty i was banned multiple times by you because you couldn't win. Its funny, really. Yes we have few hacks that keeps playing, would be nice to have active REF's.

Kal should re-consider giving a shot for new REF's. even for YOU. We all do mistakes, but most important thing that we learn from them.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:02 am 

<Kal'dorei> wrote:
We all do mistakes, but most important thing that we learn from them.

@Kal'dong, can you stop with your "holier than thou" attitude or you just lack basic intelligence and decency?

YOU with your bunch of "thugs" were continuously brute-kicking and crashing the server. YOU should be THE last person to have a say in anything. Any ref who bans or kicks you, I will forever march behind them. I wish Kal would permanently ban your bi-polar ass. You may or may not hack, but YOU are THE most toxic person in this community and that deserves a permanent ban.

Get lost already.

---

On a side note, ever since Kal showed up... Freeze has been very very busy. Hacks are still there but players are coming back, IF only we have someone to monitor them. Please add some Refs as your next step. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:16 pm 

Times as this where sometimes you just have to step back, and think.. holy fvck! this guys truly utterly retarded. @major1/kalQQrei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

poros1ty wrote:
Kal wrote:

I can only speak on behalf of the FFA server, and it is in a very dismal state. And it has been like that for over a year. Many players have left or barely play anymore, and I have no desire to play at CROM anymore due to the constant cheating, server abuse, and other toxic behavior. Others have moved on to Quake Champions or to Quake Live. Even as a write this, Dreg.RU is cheating on the server, ruining the game for everyone else and killing the server. There is at least one individual cheating every day there, and usually there are multiple doing so, sometimes for hours on end.

I'm glad you decided to finally come back and communicate with us, however the damage has been done in your absence. The only way to solve the problem is with active moderation of the server with multiple people who you feel or the community feels can be trusted. We had a good system before and the server was enjoyable to play on and was being watched carefully. I'm not saying it was perfect, nor am I perfect, and some did not deserve to have ref access in the end because they abused it, but a few of us spent a lot of time keeping the server clean of blatant cheaters. There were at least 100 instances when I myself banned a blatant aimbotter on the FFA server and I did not once abuse the ref password. I only mistakenly banned someone once and after soon realizing it I rectified it immediately by contacting Unum to let him know, and he got their IP and unbanned the player. I learned from that one instance where I made the wrong call. I'm not the first CROM admin/ref to make a mistake. Even I was once banned from CROM temporarily for suspected aimbotting most probably, and I was only unbanned after an email discussion.

I don't think I should have had my ref admin revoked, because I worked hard to stop cheaters from ruining the server whenever I could. But I respect the decision by Kal to do what he did because it all happened behind his back without his approval. But, I know the FFA community and with so few players left, I should be one of the few to have the ability to kick/ban blatant cheaters again, nor will I kick/ban innocent players. It's fine if you reject me, but please give the ref password immediately to multiple people who are actually active and play at the server and have it be people who can be contacted if possible, such as on discord. If you want suggestions, I can definitely think of some people who are worthy enough to deserve a shot.

With the use of VPNs it’s an improbable task of monitoring it 24/7 through the use of refs. A better solution needs to be presented.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next