CROM - Quake3 Community
It is currently Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:31 pm 

Well, I have to say, do NOT get Vermintide 2.
They did this 2 days before launch, so no one would know, or complain, and they thought they would get to keep their pre-orders. Well, not mine or some of my friends.
They JUST introduced EAC (easy anti cheat) that replaces and/or watches kernel mode exe's and dll's, and scans memory vigorusly, and makes your super computer crawl in the game.
Not to mention, a whole heck of a lot of people cant even launch the game, due either to eac thinking something is wrong with you launching the game (invalid game, or cheating detected), or triggers many antivirus products because IT acts like a virus (EAC). And, you cant even get direct support from the devs if you cant launch the game, get accidentally banned, or anything eac related, You have to go to eac to straighten things out.
I wont have a worse securom on my system.
Denuvo is bad enough, but I will not have this eating up my resources when the game isnt even on, or steam isnt on, or whatever.
I just asked for a refund, and so did my friends.
Lots of people are getting refunds over this. I buy with my wallet, but not this game, unless they remove this utter piece of garbage.
People think only cheaters care if this is on their system, but thats not always so. I got screwed over by Securom, and starforce, let alone GFWL, and I wont be screwed over again.
Tell, your friends, friends dont let friends run EAC.

Just an fyi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:35 am 

Ouch, thanks for the info. I mostly stick to GoG and Linux. Steam on Linux installs in the user account and not administrator so a lot of the damage is avoided.