cromctf.com

CROM - Quake3 Community
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:01 am 

Gamer wrote:
@<Kal'dorei> Seriously I couldnt undertand when I read this of your, you complaining about "incorrect settings" used by some clients , but in the image you post (a screenshot), I can't see your own maxpackets? they are 0 (zero), explain that please.

it's bug. It appears to be shown as 0 after i come from cpma mod, but actually is 100.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:53 pm 

I think its not just a bug, if you use OSP client, as i do, your maxpackets will be listed, if you use some other mod or vanilla, then its zero. you dont use OSP client?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 pm 

Gamer wrote:
I think its not just a bug, if you use OSP client, as i do, your maxpackets will be listed, if you use some other mod or vanilla, then its zero. you dont use OSP client?

You're correct. Only OSP clients share their maxpackets and timenudge settings with the server.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:22 pm 

@Gamer use cpma mod, load it. then /connect to crom efreeze :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:46 am 

<Kal'dorei> wrote:

thanks, I will try, but isn't there any compatibility issue? As far as I remember CPMA guys changed after some version there protocol or something to avoid connecting to non-cpma servers? i am not sure about this but just popping up in my head things like this from old memories.
But I will try, will take my time though, my OSP is so tuned and organized in different portions like graphics.cfg media.cfg netset.cfg etc so it will be a little cumbersome to set all things the way i want.
CPMA attracts me with only 1 cvar and that is /cg_predict "2", anyhow, thanks.
BTW, if you dont mind, I suggest instead of taunting, you just made an apology to refs, its civil and it is the manner, hope they will unban you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:40 am 

Gamer wrote:
<Kal'dorei> wrote:

thanks, I will try, but isn't there any compatibility issue? As far as I remember CPMA guys changed after some version there protocol or something to avoid connecting to non-cpma servers? i am not sure about this but just popping up in my head things like this from old memories.
But I will try, will take my time though, my OSP is so tuned and organized in different portions like graphics.cfg media.cfg netset.cfg etc so it will be a little cumbersome to set all things the way i want.
CPMA attracts me with only 1 cvar and that is /cg_predict "2", anyhow, thanks.
BTW, if you dont mind, I suggest instead of taunting, you just made an apology to refs, its civil and it is the manner, hope they will unban you.

When you load cpma mod, and then connect to efreeze , core settings are changed to efreeze but some settings are not recognized for e.g. maxpackets, so they are shown as 0.