cromctf.com

CROM - Quake3 Community
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ffa and osp
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:19 am 

The simple fact is most people don't have OSP. Even if you do have OSP and you extract it into the quake3 folder and load the mod, it doesn't recognize the mod. It wants all the .pk3 files in the baseq3 folder. It's busted. I'm busted something is busted. I have vanilla install of quake3 that I have to play around with. Yes a zip file of just the pk0 file from the disc and then the files from ftp.idsoftware.com and I can tell you loading osp does not work. At least not here.

extracting the pk3 files into the osp directory will not work. it wants them in the baseq3 directory in my system. I'm sure im a total fuckhead but whatever. please just remove osp from the ffa until you get this worked out. please? i beg you please? all the time i login now its stuck in this ospdm2 that noone else can join because even though they have osp installed osp only works from the baseq3 folder.

FUCK...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post subject: Re: ffa and osp
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:25 am 

please remove osp from the ffa server. please. it's being abused. or set the server if noone plays a map for 5 minutes to rotate back to a map that is not osp. something? can someone help?
this osp is really ruining the ffa server hardcore. every time i try to login the same bullshit... the dickhead puts it on osp and then leaves. some little asshole found a hack please kel man just reset the ffa server to default without the osp. anything, but this sucks because of these shitheads.... :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:49 pm 

I change the map to something because the server is usually empty when the map is on ospdm2 and the bots/specs don't work on that map so they all disconnect.

OSPDM2 has been voted very often recently, so this appears to be some sort of abuse. I agree, these maps should be removed from the map list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:44 pm 

Yeah... without bot support and the fact that apparently a lot of players don't have the OSP maps, this should be taken out of rotation. If someone callvotes it, it empties the server and the lack of bot support prevents the map from cycling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:02 pm 

CROM has fast downloads. Whatever happened to \cl_allowdownload 1 ?

I downloaded the 3wave maps off of crom ctf server recently. I was too lazy to get the map packs. It was fast.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:59 pm 

I wish I was getting paid while I was hammering away on this one. OK, so it's not that I can't get it. It just can't be gotten, because I'm pretty sure I tried all of the above and the consistent response when I try to join the OP map is reference figure one. Replace or roundfile sounds REALLY good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:46 pm 

hi jason ;)