cromctf.com

CROM - Quake3 Community
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Powerweapons servers.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:02 pm 

Apologies for any hassle a bug in my servers has been. Thanks to one CTF player who politely mentioned that the 'instagib' server was changing his screen resolution. Don't think I would have caught it if he hadn't pointed it out. I've been through the code and can't find anything that would cause it, so I'm starting over from scratch. To those who are interested, a new v8 will happen sooner then v12. But it will be better and more interesting, plus the cvars have been off, it's not meant to be 'instagib', but I just kinda like it that powerful. Will be enjoying the occasional CTF, and good games of FFA with you folks. Thanks Kal for the great servers!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:48 pm 

Clint, each mod has their own folder and own config. The player probably had an old instagib config with those settings. They could delete the q3config.cfg in their Instagib folder to fix the issue.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:18 pm 

Thank you, I appreciate the thought. I should have mentioned that I've somehow managed to fix Powerweapons v8. Powerweapons v12 is still having the same issue though, I can't figure out what I might have done to create the issue in the first place. The mod works and is there mostly for display. We're moving on towards Pwrweaps v13, which should be a finished product, refining and expanding the bots grappling. And no video glitches!